Lighter, Stronger Materials
Introduction of nanomaterials has a significant impact to domains decisions when Lighter and/or Stronger characteristics are key criteria factors. The key factors are rated by: 1) Dissipation of load to foundational elements, 2) Operational performance (based on response to stress factors: a) Chemical and Physical interaction with operation environment elements, b) Strength, c) Flexibility, and d) Impact resistance, and 3) Energy to move elements.
- Buildings (Foundation to ground)
- Aerospace (Wings and Fins)
- Vehicles (Wheels and Hulls)
- Bridges (Spans and Foundation to ground)
- Energy (size, weight, power)